A Guide to Breweries in North County San Diego
In the last 30 years, the popularity of craft beer in the United States has exploded. And at the head of it all is San Diego: the craft beer capital of America. There are more than 150 breweries throughout the San Diego area that feature world-class beer and award-winning brewers. Including the breweries in North County, San Diego, near our Beachfront Only Vacation Rentals. There are so many breweries in the area that it can be impossible to choose which ones to visit. So, we have compiled a list of our favorite breweries in North County, San Diego. Join us in California and experience the unique flavors of these distinguished breweries:
Check Out These Carlsbad Breweries
The first location on our list to experience the craft beer capital of America is in Carlsbad. This charming beach community is an excellent place to start, with nine craft breweries in town. We’ve narrowed it down to three of our favorites:
- Barrel Republic: Visit Barrel Republic and sample a selection of local craft beers in a unique environment. There are 52 beers on tap that are available through a self-pour system. Swipe your wristband over the beer of your choice and pay by the ounce at the end of the night. From traditional IPAs to refreshing sours, come and sample the unique brews here for yourself.
- Arcana Brewing Company: If you are looking for a brewery with a unique atmosphere, we recommend visiting the tasting room at Arcana Brewing Company. The interior style incorporates science fiction with Victorian elements to create a distinctive and original place to enjoy beer.
- Culver Beer Company: Traveling to the San Diego area with the family? Check out the family-friendly Culver Beer Company and have a quick bite to eat in this laid-back brewery. Keep it classic with an American IPA, or try the refreshing Tiger Paw Seltzers.
- Pure Project Company: This Carlsbad brewery is dedicated to sustainability and using local ingredients that make a difference. Support the community and help Pure Project strive for a better future, one beer at a time!
Visit These Oceanside Breweries
Located along San Diego’s “Hops Highway,” Oceanside is a laidback beach community with nine unique breweries in town. No matter what location you visit, you will be able to sample award-winning brews at these Oceanside breweries:
- Oceanside Brewing Company: The team at Oceanside Brewing are committed to bringing unique craft brews to Southern California. Sample one of the 22 beers on taps, such as the PillowTalk signature cream ale and the refreshing Summer Picnic watermelon cream ale.
- Black Plague Brewing: Are you dying for deliciously handcrafted beer that breaks the mold? Then check out Black Plague Brewing, an Oceanside brewery with an edgy twist. With cleverly named brews like “In My Darkest Sour” and “Not Dead Yet,” you are sure to find your inner rebel at this one-of-a-kind brewery.
- Stone Brewing Tap House: Stone Brewing Tap House is just a stone’s throw away from our Oceanside Rentals. This relaxed brewery offers lagers, stouts, sours, and Belgian-inspired brews.
- Booze Brothers: This Oceanside brewery is new to the scene, but their innovative take on classic beers sets them apart. From West Coast IPAs to wheat beers, you just might find your new favorite brew at Booze Brothers.
- Bagby Beer Company: Every beer tells a story at Bagby Beer Company, where you can find unique German-style blends and deliciously creamy ales. We recommend pairing your drink with one of the innovative plant-based dishes on the menu. Celebrate the craft beer capital of America at this North County brewery.
Beautiful North County Rentals on the Beach
Discover all of the breweries in North County, San Diego, on our things to do page. We have dozens of properties throughout North County at Beachfront Only Vacation Rentals. Browse our California beach rentals directly on the ocean and start planning your next getaway today.