Exploring Downtown Oceanside, CA
Oceanside may be known as a laidback beach town, but there is plenty of things to keep you entertained during your visit. Downtown Oceanside is the hub for activities with fascinating museums, historic buildings, charming shops, mouthwatering restaurants, and weekly street fairs. There is something for everyone, and Beachfront Only Oceanside Vacation Rentals is your ideal base camp for downtown adventures. Browse our vacation rentals in Oceanside and keep reading to discover the best downtown attractions for your San Diego getaway:
Attractions in Downtown Oceanside, CA
Downtown Oceanside appeals to every type of traveler, from art lovers to history buffs; keep up to date with everything to do on the Main Street Oceanside website.
Oceanside Pier: Stroll along the historic pier and enjoy views of the downtown coastline, cast a line for some fantastic fishing, or watch local surfers ride the waves.
California Surf Museum: Stop at this local museum and discover the fascinating history of surfboards and wave riding.
Oceanside Museum of Art: Witness impressive works of art from Southern California artists.
Oceanside Theatre Company: Plan your evening around a live performance at this historic theatre.
Old Mission San Luis Rey: Visit this National Historic Landmark and learn about the “King of the Missions” history with a self-guided tour.
Oceanside Shopping & Events
Stroll through downtown Oceanside and visit some charming shops for great souvenirs. Little Louies Gift Shop is known for being the best-stocked souvenir shop in town, offering a wide variety of nautical gifts.
Every Thursday, Main Street transforms during the Sunset Market, featuring over 200 merchants, food trucks, and live music. This weekly gathering is not to be missed! Visit downtown early to check out the Morning Farmers Market for fresh local produce, flowers, gourmet goodies, sauces, and much more!
5 Tasty Downtown Restaurants
1. 333 Pacific: Overlooking the Oceanside Pier, 333 Pacific offers an excellent destination for happy hour drinks, locally caught seafood, and prime steak.
2. Tin Fish Oceanside: Enjoy fresh seafood in a casual atmosphere at this downtown Oceanside restaurant.
3. Hello Betty: Try their delectable seafood dishes or chill out at their rooftop lounge and sip on a craft cocktail as you watch a beautiful ocean sunset.
4. Miss Kim’s: Sample the best BBQ in town at this Southern-style eatery serving favorites like gumbo, brisket, pulled pork, and ribs.
5. Local Tap House: Known for serving comfort food with a twist, this is a great place to relax and enjoy great food, craft beer, and cocktails.
Oceanside Beachfront Vacation Rentals
Discover our Oceanside vacation rentals and enjoy the beachfront location all our properties provide. Stroll along the beach to access all the activities in downtown Oceanside or stop at the Oceanside Pier and cast your fishing reel.
If our Oceanside properties don’t meet your criteria, check out our vacation rentals in Encinitas and Carlsbad. Whether you are looking for a charming beachfront bungalow or a luxurious mansion, we have the perfect property for your SoCal getaway!